Tuesday, October 23, 2012

About Me and This Blog

Hi there.  This is me and my cat Gus.  


Ok, so that's not really what we look like, but I'm not an artist.   I have way more hair than that and I'm generally dressed.  You get the picture.  

So for ages people on the grand Book of Faces have been telling me that I should write a book about my life.  I have never really been sure of what to do with that.  You see, my life is pretty boring...but then again it's not.  

I'm a professor.  


What that essentially means is that I get paid very little money to hold students hostage in a room and torture them on an hourly basis with information that they don't care about and activities that they don't want to do.  It also means that I get an entirely new cast of characters in my life each semester.  Some of the experiences are good, but some of them leave me questioning most of my major life choices.  

I'm also a grad student.  

This means that I have no real life.  Everything I do revolves around some book or a stack of papers.  If I'm not reading or writing, I'm grading.  If I'm not doing any of these things then I'm probably feeling guilty about it. 

Other than that, the cast of my life is made up of the people that I work with in the great ivory tower of education, the never ending cast of crazy neighbors that move in and out of the three story apartment building I call home, some really great friends that I have made along my journey through life, and a loving (and sometimes crazy) family.

I've been described as weird, crazy, clumsy, clueless, and a whole slew of other things.  Most of these are probably correct.  

What I have learned along the way, though, is that you have to learn to laugh at yourself and laugh at the situations  you find yourself in.  Nobody makes it out alive so what's important is to just love each and every part of the journey for what you can find in it to be thankful for.  Laughter is truly the best medicine and nearly everything can be funny if you just adjust your perspective.  That's what I'm going to try to do.  I'm going to just tell you the everyday little stories and hopefully by laughing at myself you'll get a little giggle for your day.

I'll try to post regularly, but I don't know how regularly.  I hope you enjoy the little things as much as I do!  

Please note that, with the exception of Gus, I won't be using anyone's real name.  

No comments:

Post a Comment